This Research Guide was created for students enrolled in Professor Vaughn's Fall 2015 History of Art I course (ART 124). Explore the tabs above to learn more about finding and citing the types of research materials you'll need to use in your paper.
Below is a summary of the assignment instructions presented to you in class:
Due 12/3 – No exceptions
- Research the Neoclassical movement
- Locate at least 5 buildings that draw some type of architectural influence from Classical styles and photo-document your findings
- Narrow your photo-research down to one building
- Write a 750 word paper along with an appendix that documents the images of the 5 different buildings you used to begin your research
- MLA citations for research and any supplemental photos – must use at least three sources (Wikipedia can only be used for images)
- Papers must be typed – Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, double-spaced
- All papers must be handed in as a hard copy and also submitted to the Turnitin Dropbox on Moodle. Papers will not be graded until the originality scores have been displayed.