Steps to research success!
1. Read your assignment carefully. Highlight guidelines, required length, and the types of information sources allowed.
2. Pick an appropriate topic. It should interest you, be broad enough that you can find enough information on the subject, and be focused enough that you are not overwhelmed with too much information.
3. Gather background information and refine your topic. You can use Google, Wikipedia, reference books and more to get basic information on a topic, though you shouldn't rely on these sources for all your research.
4. Gather sources - use the tabs along the top of this guide to find resources and tips for each type of source
4. Correctly cite these sources (in MLA or APA format, according to your professor's instructions) and compile the information needed to create your annotated bibliography. Check out the "Citing Sources" tab for help.
Need help finding sources for your paper? Schedule a one-on-one research consultation appointment with a librarian by clicking the "Schedule Appointment" button.